What you’ll need:
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour, plus 2 Tbsp for the Oreo chunks
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 pkg Oreo Cookies (~45 cookies)
For the Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temp
- 1 stick butter at room temp
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
What you’ll do:
- Preheat over to 350F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
- Twist apart 24 Oreos. Place the wafer with filling on it, filling side up, in the bottom of each paper liner. Cut other wafers in half. Save 24 halves to place in the frosting. Crush the other wafer halves, also for garnishing.
- Cut the remaining Oreo cookies into quarters with a sharp knife. Toss with 2 Tbsp flour and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add the milk and vanilla and mix to combine. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix until integrated. Stir in sugar. With an electric mixer on low speed, beat for 30 seconds. Turn the mixer up to medium speed and beat for 2 minutes. Add the egg whites. Beat for 2 more minutes. Stir in the quartered cookies.
- Fill the cupcake lines three-quarters full. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in the pan.
For the frosting:
- Cream butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached.
To assemble the cupcakes:
- Once cupcakes have cooled completely, frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Sprinkle with crushed Oreos and place 1/2 of an Oreo on the frosting of each cupcake.
i was never here